10:10 lead campaigner
Location: London, UK
Contract: one year with potential to become permanent
Salary: £39k-£42k depending on experience and performance
Start date: as soon as possible
Deadline: 9am on Monday 7 March 2015
Supported by a small but growing team of talented campaigners, the lead campaigner will be responsible for shaping and delivering our projects, and ensuring we respond quickly to changing circumstances. You’ll also play a key role in developing our campaign strategy.
Day to day, you’ll be:
- Managing a small team of campaigners to develop and deliver campaigns as part of our three year strategy.
- Monitoring our impact and finding ways to increase it.
- Identifying and exploiting new campaigning opportunities.
- Representing 10:10, in the media, at events and among key influencers.
- Contributing to organisational, strategic and fundraising work as needed.
Skills and attributes
- Demonstrable experience of designing and leading campaigns and advocacy programmes.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to build capacity in colleagues or partners.
- Confidence in leading a small team, and the ability to delegate effectively.
- Highly developed project/programme management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of people, including senior colleagues, volunteers and campaigners.
- Flexibility around work schedules.
- Good working knowledge of UK community energy practice, renewables and current UK energy politics.
- Good working subject knowledge of climate change in general and the UK climate campaigning landscape specifically.
- A good understanding of Westminster, local government and Whitehall.
We’re on the way to a cleaner, cleverer, low-carbon world, and everyone deserves a chance to help build it. 10:10 creates these chances, and brings people together to make the most of them. We take a collective approach, turning individual actions at a local level into a force for bigger changes.
We don’t have any secret formulas or silver bullets, but we do have an amazing community of people working together to cut carbon at home, put solar on their local school, or repower their village with clean energy.
So we dream up projects, build tools and spread success stories to make sure these people have the help and inspiration they need to keep going further. Our current and recent campaigns include Solar Schools, Keep Fits, Clean Energy Dash, Back Balcombe and #itshappening.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter, as two separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that you include ‘lead campaigner’ in the subject line. Make sure you explain why you would be suited for the role, why you want to work for 10:10, and where you heard about the vacancy. We'd also appreciate if you could complete an equal opportunities monitoring form.
Applications must be received by 9am on Monday 7 March 2015.
10:10 is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of their background. We value diversity whilst also acknowledging that people from certain backgrounds are underrepresented in our organisation. We are keen to correct this, so particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic people; people who identify as having a disability; people from the LGBT+ community; and people who identify as working class (or have done in the past). If you don’t feel confident enough to apply, please get in touch with us for a chat – we’d love to talk to you!