These terms and conditions (the "Terms") are the terms on which this website (the "Website") is made available to you. By accessing this Website You agree to be bound by these Terms.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US/ GENERAL INFORMATION 1. We are The 10:10 Foundation, a Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered in England and Wales with the Charity Commission under registration number 1157363 and our registered address is 10:10, 7th Floor, 90 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6XX, and the address at which we are established is 8a Delancey Passage London NW1 7NN ("We"/"Us"/"Our").1.2 If You have any questions, complaints or comments on this Website then You may contact Us on firstname.lastname@example.org If You register to use the Website then You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and user name and are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them. We do not have the means to check the identities of people using the Website and will not be liable where Your password or user name is used by someone else.
3. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES3.1 We are happy for you to link to Our Website but request that You do not remove or obscure, advertisements, the copyright notice or other notices on the Website and that you stop providing links to the Website if notified by Us.3.2 We may provide links to other websites from time to time. These links are provided for Your ease of reference and convenience only and We do not control such third party websites and are not responsible for their contents. Our inclusion of links does not imply any endorsement of the material contained in such websites or any association with their operators. You acknowledge that We will not be party to any transaction or contract with a third party that You may enter into and We shall not be liable to You in respect of any loss or damage which You may suffer by using those websites.
4. ACTIVITY BY 10:10 HUBS4.1 10:10 Hubs are third party individuals or organisations coordinating 10:10 campaigns outside the UK on Our behalf. They are granted editorial control over a country-specific section of the website4.2 The content posted by Hubs on the 10:10 website is created by Hubs and members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of 10:10. 10:10 is not responsible for any content posted by Hubs or members of the public on 10:10 country-specific webpages or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the Website.4.3 While we welcome and value the activities of our 10:10 Hubs, 10:10 is not responsible for organising, supervising or hosting the events or activities of 10:10 Hubs. All activities and participation are undertaken at the Hubs' and participants’ risk. Please check with the organiser of an event for further details.4.4 10:10 does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage, or for any death or personal injury, arising out of participation in Hubs' activities or any other activity, including liability as a result of negligence (except death or personal injury caused by 10:10’s negligence).4.5 By taking part in Hubs' activities, you consent to the use of your image in any TV and other media coverage and in promotional materials produced by or for 10:10 or Hubs.
5. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE/ VISITOR MATERIAL AND CONDUCT5.1 You agree that in using the Website You will not:5.1.1 use the Website in any way that may lead to the encouragement, procurement or carrying out of any criminal activity;5.1.2 email, transmit or otherwise disseminate any content which is defamatory, obscene, in breach of copyright, vulgar or indecent or may have the effect of being harassing; threatening, abusive or hateful or that otherwise degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;5.1.3 advertise or promote third party or Your own products or services including by way of the distribution of 'spam' email;5.1.4 transfer files that contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs;5.1.5 access or attempt to access the accounts of other users or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Website security measures.5.2 We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate Your access to this Website at any time without notice at Our discretion if we have reasonable grounds to believe You have breached any of the restrictions above.
6. GENERAL6.1 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit Our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence or the negligence by Us, Our employees or agents.6.2 We do not accept any liability for damage to Your computer system or loss of data that results from Your use of the Website and We cannot guarantee that any files that You download are free from viruses, contamination or destructive features.6.3 Whilst We use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable once they have been brought to Our attention, We do not promise that the information on the Website itself will be free from errors or omissions. We also do not promise that the Website will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition.6.4 All content and services on the Website are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We do not make any representation or give any promise (whether express or implied) in respect of the Website or its content, including, without limitation, any advice given (on a personal or general basis) and statements made by partner organisations on or via the Website. Any decisions or action taken by You on the basis of information provided on or via the website are at Your sole discretion and risk and You should obtain individual professional advice where necessary. Nothing in this clause 5 shall restrict Your statutory rights (including Your rights to receive a reasonable standard of service).6.5 Our liability in tort, contract, negligence, pre-contract or other representations or otherwise arising out of or in connection with and/or these Terms shall be limited in aggregate to one thousand pounds.6.6 If any provision of these Terms is found by a court or a regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.6.7 In the event of any dispute between You and Us concerning these Terms, relevant United Kingdom law will apply. If You wish to take court proceedings against Us You must do so within the United Kingdom.These Terms were last updated on 30 March 2010© 10:10 30 March 2010